Welcome to a Blog all about Fashion and remember that ultimately knowing who YOU are is the TREND.... so BE YOU, not someone else!

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Everyday Style

Martini Toast to Everyday Style!

This week's blog is dedicated to our bloggers' request. Several of our bloggers have been asking Fashion Martini about everyday looks to wear during the week. We are featuring 7 chic looks.

During this time of the year (transitional season), one day it may be warm, the next cool, and the next freezing. Due to unexpected temperatures, you may have on a sleeveless shirt one day and a fur jacket the next. Don't push your winter gear to the back of the closet just yet.

SUNDAY:
You should start your week off looking and feeling fabulous. Opt for a dress on Sundays!


MONDAY:
We are very much into the babydoll top look. It comes across as classic and effortless style. Wide leg jeans are becoming a popular choice over the skinny legs for an everyday look. This look is pulled together with a large pair of shades and animal print bag.



TUESDAY:
Mini jackets (half body and arm length) will spice up any look! Opt for a mini jacket if you are wearing a plain tee with jeans. It will make a rather ordinary outfit look hot.


WEDNESDAY:
We really like this look because of it's mix-match nature. The brown purse with the grey boots is unexpected, yet well put together. Then, the choice of three different tone greys (jacket, scarf, boots) make this look stand out in a crowd, yet it's effortless chic.



THURSDAY:
Again we see a pair of wide leg pants with a dressier shirt. The wow factor in this outfit is the bold satin bow on the shirt. Bows were a fall trend but due to it's popularity, Spring has adopted this trend as well. Try shoes with bows to spice up a plain outfit.


FRIDAY:
Try a cowl neck dress, clutch, and boots. The trick in this outfit is the mix pairing of the sleek dress and bulky boots. The average person would pair these boots with jeans due to their bulky nature. However, pairing bulky with slinky is edgy and is the works of a true trendsetter. We love this concept!


SATURDAY:
Yellow, yellow, yellow....this satin top is IT and the color is FAB. The gathers at the top makes it an awesome choice for spicing up jeans. Again, we see wide leg denim with patent round toe shoes. We love the combination of satin and patent leather!



FASHION TIP:
Go for a unique mix of timeless pieces with a trendy edge. Too trendy comes across as too cheap looking and pieced together. Effortless style is what you should go for. For 2008, go for classic trendy looks that are naturally stylish and creatively chic. If you are thinking too much about your outfit, it's not effortless. The goal is to purchase items you LOVE and when you get dressed in the morning, go for whatever items you are drawned to...they don't have to match, you just have to love them together.
Blog us and let us know your thoughts on the featured looks. CHEERS!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really did it this time Fashion Martini!!! I especially love your last paragraph. I think it will encourage everyone to stay true to themselves. I'm glad that some are giving skinny jeans a rest. I can't wear them, so who cares:-) Toast till next week!

Anonymous said...

One of my friends forwarded me this blog! I love it!!! I'm so tired of the gossip blogs.

I'm going to forward it to all my friends.

Anonymous said...

Fashion Martini:
You don’t know the confidence you have given me. I just love your FASHION TIP. I really have to be feeling an outfit in the morning too. I luv every look from Sunday to Saturday. Unfortunately, I can’t wear jeans to work, but I’ll rock your suggestions making the appropriate substitutions. This makes life so much easier. PLEASE give us a good tip like that every week. Thanks.

Oh, that “fashionista of the week” can go sit down.

Anonymous said...

First I would like to say "I like passion4fashion!" Your great!!! Next: LOVE LOVE LOVE this weeks post! I am guilty of working to hard on my look. And for so long been a person who has to match. Not matching perfectly might take me a while but I think after seeing these looks I'm convinced it doesn't have to match, thats the edge!! Big toast to Fashion Martini--- til next week!

Anonymous said...

I agree with anonymous on wanting to always match. I still have problems with not having my purse, belt,and shoes match. Maybe I'm a little obsessive. But the trend is slowly growing on me. Now when I wear say yellow and brown I won't feel self-conscience by carrying a pink clutch(LOL).

Anonymous said...

I am so into matching that it takes me forever to get ready, this week after reading Fashion Martini Weekly, I feel liberated, today I wore red and pink with black shoes and looked a hot mess but felt so confident! I cant wait til tomorrow... I will feel even more confident... Good looking out Fashion Martini.Some how my esteem in fashion is growing:)_

Anonymous said...

@anonymous - thanks for showing the luv. I bet you agree w/me about that "fashionista" this week, she sucks.(not her clothes, but HER) ;O).

@ fashion martini = This is my favorite stop on the net. I can hardly wait from week to week.

Anonymous said...

I think Jessica Simpson has the best "Everyday Style". She looks great wearing jeans and whatever else she pairs with it. She is always on point.

Anonymous said...

Fellow Bloggers,

Don't get the wrong idea, the goal is NOT to try not to match. You should ideally stay in the same family of colors but don't focus on trying to match shoes with your purse and/or jacket etc.

The concept is to purchase items you love. You will never go wrong this way. It's all about confidence with your outfit. If you love it, you feel great in it, and you look great in it!

Anonymous said...

@ n2fashion: Doesn't sound like a hot mess to me, I luv red and pink together and the black anchored it just fine. I bet those frogs at your work gave you the "green w/envy" eye.

OMG: When my shoes and purse matches, its an accident, because I wear the same purse every day, and I do mean EVERY day. I did not loose it in Katrina because I had it with me. lol.

Anonymous said...

March 6, 2008:
OKAY, Fashion Martini, this is another week, where are you? I miss you. Please come back, please. Ya been outta town or something, What am I gonna do this week?

Anonymous said...

To all our fellow bloggers, Fashion Martini went on vacation this week. Look forward to next weeks posting.

CHEERS!