Welcome to a Blog all about Fashion and remember that ultimately knowing who YOU are is the TREND.... so BE YOU, not someone else!

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Snake Motifs

Martini Toast to Snake Motifs!

Snakes are not just for shoes and purses, you can accessorize them with jewerly too!

Bejeweled serpents has been a celeberity jewelry trend for a while now, however, it has just recently started getting the attention it deserves. Something about snakes are so exotic and a definite attention grabber! Try this trend to glam up any look to super-luxe.


Who we spotted rocking this trend:



















Amanda Bynes (Top)
Mary-Kate Olsen (Bottom)

You can always depend on Max & Chloe online website for the latest fashion accessories. We have discount offers listed at the the bottom of the page if you're ready to splurge ($10 dollars off any purchase of $100).
If you are interested in any of the above looks, we have listed the price and where you can purchase.
1. Elizabeth Cole Jeweled Snake Ring $325.00 www.vivre.com
2. Black and White Diamond 18k Gold Snake Pendant with Green Garnet Eyes $895.00 www.heavenlytreasures.com
3. Pade Vavra Opal/Sapphire Serpent Cuff $462.00 www.maxandchloe.com
4. Pade Vavra Ruby/Emerald Serpent Cuff $462.00 www.maxandchloe.com
5. Kenneth Jay Lane Pave Snake Ringby $95.00 www.vivre.com
6. Kenneth Jay Lane Snake Cuff $300.00 www.maxandchloe.com
7. Pade Vavra Snake Cuff $335.00 www.maxandchloe.com
8. Kenneth Jay Lane Crystal Snake Bracelet $190.00 www.maxandchloe.com
9. Diamond, Tiger's Eye and Onyx Coil Snake Ring In 14kt White Gold
$675.75
www.ross-simons.com
**Remember, there are those that SPLURGE and those that SAVE. We must admit, we are firm believers of both. However, when it comes to accessories, we tend to go for the SAVE option. If you are opting for saves, you can find great inexpensive accessories at Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, Target, and Stein Mart. With the "R" word bouncing around, try to opt for CHEAP CHIC whenever possible.

You can spice up any look with bejeweled serpents. You can try rocking a bracelet on one arm and a ring on the opposite hand OR you can go solo and rock a necklace by itself. We recommend at most no more than two pieces at a time. Don't go overboard with a ring, necklace, and bracelet all at the same time. However, we do recommend having each piece in your jewerly collection.
Gwen Stefani spiced up her look by accessorizing her navy Lanvin dress with a Cartier snake bracelet and panther ring.


What famous fashion designer donated four years of their time as the primary designer of uniforms? Ok, times up....In 1981, Oscar de la Renta donated his time for four years as the primary designer of a complete new set of uniforms for the Boy Scouts of America.

Until next week, CHEERS!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

SNAKES!! OMG, I can go along with these accessories if they have lots and lots of diamonds and sparkles,(and they do) and don't look too real (and they do). Real snakes give me the heebeejeebees, creeps. OMG, I feel a cold one crawling on me now. I don't know if I can rock this, maybe. I don't know, maybe I won't. They just look too real.

Maybe if someone gave me some, I might wear it,---- well, back in the day I had a beautiful snake bracelet and did not worry about it being a snake, but now ..... Thanks, Katrina.

Anonymous said...

I like the dresses, esp. the gold sequin one by Jovani, it would have been perfect for my dance.LOL

Anonymous said...

I like the Snake Motifs, that's really true how time repeats itself, I remember my "Grannie" wearing stuff like that...

Anonymous said...

Okay, Fashion Martini I'm not sure I am quite feeling this trend. I know bigger is better but I am just not the "gaudie" type. And most of this snake jewelry is a bit "gaudie". This is not a trend I can say I will do, but hats of to those ladies who can rock this look!!!

Anonymous said...

Passion4fashion is right! I don't know if i can get down with the snakes. I think this one may have to grow on me.

Anonymous said...

Alright "q t pie"shanney with the "granny" comment. :-), but you are right, that style was out a few years ago.

I do not agree with anonymous about the snake motifs being gaudy, but they are realistic. As fashion martini stated, the thing to remember with wearing these is not to overdo it, wear one or two pieces at a time.

If you like snakes, get with it.

Anonymous said...

The snake accessories are cute. Not sure about the big gaudie ones but, I do like the less simple snakes. Luv all the dresses.